Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Allianz Worldwide Medical Insurance in China?

Does anyone have medical insurance through the company Allianz? Does anyone use them in Shanghai and can you vouch for their service? Thanks.

Allianz is a global company so they should be OK, just remember to read the policy before you sign as it can have some clauses like; no coverage for serious disease within 12 - 24 months!

Allianz is a global company so they should be OK, just remember to read the policy before you sign as it can have some clauses like; no coverage for serious disease within 12 - 24 months!

Allianz in China mainly have chinese clients, cuz they don't provide global health care here, of course they also don't have english policy and form to fill out. What a pity! That's why i don't work for Allianz anymore. I'm an insurance broker, so i recommend you to buy AIG or Royal&Sunalliance, the service and quotations are quite satisfied by my foreign clients.

Allianz do have English policies if you go to the right broker.
I have an Allianz Worldwide Care policy.

I have been happy with the service. They have paid all my claims very quickly and do direct billing. Their phone hotline (they have a toll free China number) is very helpful and the Irish who answer the phone are a lot nicer than your usual customer service people.

I have had bad experiences with Allianz in Shanghai. They contest legitimate claims and exploit the fact that people are travelling all the time. They waste time of their clients and lose information that they are sent by doctors leaving customers to have to constantly run around and clean up after them.

ALLIANZ just wrote me an email saying that they require a stamped and signed document, which is not what they have advised to me in the past. They keep changing their story so as not to pay the claim. I would strongly advise not taking insurance from this company. This thread offers some alternatives choose them instead. Moreover the tone of the emails received from the company are patronising, paternalistic and inaccurate.

Here is their email:

Thank you for your e-mail.

Please note that we require a medical report signed and stamped from the doctor in question. Unfortunately we cannot accept an e-mail in order to review this claim. We have advised you of this on numerous occasions and the e-mail below was already received in September.

Kind regards,

This report may be sent via e-mail or fax. Upon receipt, we would be more than happy to review this claim.

Thank you for your kind understanding.

Should you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact us.