Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Katrina

Travelling with babies in China

Katrina    0

My husband moved to Shanghai for his job.

I moved to Shanghai to travel.

In the pre-baby days, we organized our vacation time down to the minute. We analyzed each of our allotted holidays, layered them over our given time-off, and maximized each minute. We jumped planes all over the world. We spent no more than 3 days in any given city. We walked everywhere. We slept as little as possible. And within hours of the plane hitting the ground in our home town, we were back at our desks earning cash for the next plane trip.

And then baby #1 came along.

And then baby #2 came along.

And the plane trips came to a screeching halt.

With both babies born and sleeping through the night, our feet began to itch again. And rather than plane hop from the states with two babies in tow, we just up and moved to China. And every holiday and vacation day we get, we’ll either be on the road or in the air.

But, as you’ve all realized, traveling with little ones takes a lot of planning and a very different style. I’ll share every child-friendly establishment I find, and every destination worth your time and trouble. I’ll explain any tricks for keeping kids happy en route, and any products worth their price tag.